Redi-Mix Plant Maintenance
Repair and maintain equipment and building operations including ready-mix plant and other miscellaneous equipment
- Operate front-end loader, forklift, skid loader, manlift & other equipment used in maintenance procedures.
- Weld and cut on equipment when necessary.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on ready-mix plant, conveyor, mixer, loader, etc. such as oiling, greasing, and changing filters.
- Perform building maintenance
- Inspect plant for necessary maintenance and complete repairs as assigned
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Perform metal fabrication for plant operations.
- Electrical and pneumatic knowledge a plus
- Work alone or with other employees
- Be self-motivated
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance of equipment, such as air compressors, mixers, vibrators, conveyors, motors, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Weld and cut with a torch.
- Driver’s license required
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
Redi-Mix Plant Operator/ Redi-Mix Plant Loader Operator
The Redi-Mix Plant Operator/Redi-Mix Plant Loader Operator will perform any combination of following duties in a concrete mixing plant: daily plant inspections, preventative and minor repair maintenance; operation of the loader; operation of the batching process. The Redi-Mix Plant Operator/Redi-Mix Plant Loader Operator will ensure proper documentation of all incoming materials daily.
- Responsible for the operation of concrete batching process to ensure the correct amount and sizes of aggregates and proportions of cement, additives, and water required for concrete are added, participates in making sure the quality and quantity of raw materials meets established standards
- Follows procedures set in place to correct any deficiencies in plant operation
- Interacts Quality Control to ensure product meets specifications
- Loads customer trucks with aggregates
- Works toward improvement of the assigned plant and surrounding area
- Follows established procedures to ensure that the plant for which he/she is responsible for is in compliance with state, federal, and local regulations and requirements
- Participates in ongoing minor maintenance and visual evaluations of plant and equipment
- Confers with operations, maintenance, other supervisory personnel to resolve problems, provide immediate feedback, and may recommend solutions to improve performance
- Promotes safety within his/her assigned territory
- Always adheres to all Wingra and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent; some technical, vocational or education preferred
- Working knowledge of OSHA/DOT regulations
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Basic concrete knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiar with Windows (Excel, Word, Etc.), Internet, basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of plant maintenance procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work extended hours as needed
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport, and the ability to significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position
- Must be able to work at heights; climb stairs, ladders, and silos
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with employees and other individuals as well as function safely within an office environment and, on occasion, may visit industrial plant locations
Bulk Cement Tractor Trailer Driver
Wingra is looking for a full time bulk cement tractor trailer driver.
Full time, seasonal with hourly pay
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
401(k) profit sharing
• Generally, 6am — 4:30pm. Additional hours may be necessary and determined by daily demand.
• M-F, plus Saturday work often needed during construction season (April-November). Some night hauling may occur.
• Winter hours generally less without need for regular Saturday work.
• Deliver bulk Portland Cement, Slag, and Fly Ash to Concrete plants located throughout Dane County. All trips begin and return to point of origin.
• All travel is intra-State and loads are picked up in LaCrosse, Milwaukee and Portage.
• Personally comply with all Licensing and Driving qualification requirements.
• Maintain a current valid Commercial Motor Vehicle (CDL) Class A license.
• Maintain a current Federal Medical card.
• Drive vehicle in compliance with all Federal, State and Local highway laws and limits.
• Maintain the vehicle in compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws.
• Assure vehicle is maintained properly and at the appropriate intervals.
• Obey all Federal, State and Local laws while in the workplace (i.e. MSHA, OSHA, DNR etc.). This would include the Companies Employment Manual and Safety Procedures.
• Drive vehicle in compliance with manufacturers recommended practices as described in the vehicle owner’s manuals and documents.
Skills and experience needed:
• Commercial Motor Vehicle experience required. Construction industry experience preferred.
• Maintain a current valid Commercial Motor Vehicle (CDL) Class A license.
• Clean driving record.
• Safety conscious mind set and record at previous positions.
• Availability to work Saturdays and evenings
• Mechanical aptitude
• Have good communication skills and be courteous to co-workers, vendors and the general public at all times.
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://www.wingrastone.com/employment/application
Wingra Redi-Mix, Inc., a local family owned business, serving Dane County, is looking for CDL drivers. This position is covered by a Union Labor Agreement with the Teamster Union Local #695.
Union contract benefits include:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Competitive hourly wage
Defined benefit pension plan
Paid vacation and holidays
Apply online at: http://www.wingrastone.com
Aggregate Sales Manager
Wingra, a local family owned road construction company, is seeking an Aggregate Sales Manager.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Full time salaried pay, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (100% company paid), 401(k) profit sharing, vacation and holiday pay.
WORK HOURS REQUIRED: Work as needed based on current work demand and hours of operations. Construction hours during the season are often 7:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday with some Saturday work required. Work demand during the off season (December-March) can often be less.
POSITION REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE OVERALL MANAGEMENT OF AGGREGATE SALES AND CUSTOMER RELATIONS: This will include the following responsibilities:
Customer relations with current customers, including billing and collections.
- New business and customer development.
- Preparation of material quotes specifically tailored to jobs for bid.
- Preparation of WI DOT material quotes.
- Communicate material pricing to accounting for correct invoicing.
- Interaction with Quality Control operations and staff.
- Interaction with Production operations and staff.
- Interaction with Dispatch operations and staff.
- Promote safety and compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Pro-actively use changes in technology and trends within the industry to maintain “state of the art” processes and procedures.
- Participate in trade association activities. Pursue some ongoing educational opportunities within the aggregate industry as available.
- Participate in community affairs and goodwill building activities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Several years’ experience in aggregate operations and sales comparable to the job responsibilities listed above would be ideal.
- Strong work ethic, honesty, reliable and willingness to work long hours and Saturdays when needed.
- Strong leadership and communication skills for customer interactions and new customer development.
- Outgoing personality to meet new people and effectively develop new customers and business.
- Must be able to drive daily for work. A good driving record is required.
EDUCATION: (Strongly Considered)
- Industry specific four-year degree.
- Four-year college undergraduate degree with a Bachelor of Science or Arts diploma in any area of study very acceptable.
- Two-year Vocational degree can also be acceptable.
- Significant experience in the aggregate industry can be accepted in lieu of above educational criteria.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: http://www.wingrastone.com
Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Wingra, a local family owned construction company is looking for a Mobile Equipment Mechanic/Technician. Full time with hourly pay and benefits.
Benefits include: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (100% paid by employer), 401(k) profit sharing, vacation and holiday pay.
Responsible for maintaining and repairing heavy off road mobile equipment for aggregate mining. This includes large loaders, water trucks, dozers, haul trucks, cranes and other support equipment. Diagnosis sources of trouble and determines extent of repairs required for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems. Must be able to schedule and perform repairs and service. Performs preventative maintenance according to the Company mobile equipment standards. Maintains equipment records according to Company procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations. May be required to drive Company service truck and perform repairs to equipment broken down at various sites or in the plant.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Minimum one (1) year of experience on all phases of maintenance/repair of heavy mobile equipment. Experience on diesel engines, heavy suspension, brakes, hydraulics and clutch repairs is required.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Mechanical ability to diagnose sources of trouble and to use various hand tools, power tools, and machinery such as grinders, presses, cranes, and jacks are required. Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment are required. Must be punctual and dependable, initiate and take action before being required to do so, and use time efficiently. Must be safety conscious and respond to inquiries promptly and follow through to ensure the situation is taken care of correctly. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. Basic computer skills are required. Must have a valid Driver License with acceptable driving record. Must have personal hand tools up to 1 ½” in size.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://www.wingrastone.com