Redi-Mix Concrete Driver
Wingra Redi-Mix, Inc., a local family owned business, serving Dane County, is looking for drivers. This position is covered by a Union Labor Agreement with the Teamster Union Local #695.
Union contract benefits include:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Competitive hourly wage
Defined benefit pension plan
Paid vacation and holidays
Class A or B CDL is required. Mixer truck experience is preferred. However, we are willing to train inexperienced candidates. MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG TEST.
Heavy Diesel Truck Mechanic/Technician
Health, dental, vision insurance
Generally, 6am — 4:30pm. Additional hours may be necessary and determined by daily demand.
M-F, plus Saturday work often needed during construction season (April-November). Some night work may occur.
Winter hours generally less without need for regular Saturday work.
Maintain diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments, keeping records.
Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
Keep equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches and rear ends.
Adjust brakes, aligns wheels, tightens bolts and screws, and reassembles equipment.
Change oil, checks batteries, repairs tires and tubes, and lubricates equipment and machinery.
Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as , power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages clutches and traction units.
Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
Comply with Federal, and State vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting.
Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies performing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs.
Contain costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Personally comply with all Licensing and Driving qualification requirements.
Maintain a current valid Commercial Motor Vehicle license.
Maintain a current Federal Medical card.
Represent yourself and the Company in the best possible manner at all times.
Work in a safe and workmanlike manner at all times.
Skills and experience needed:
• Commercial Motor Vehicle License (CDL) Class B required. Construction industry experience preferred.
• Clean driving record.
• Safety conscious mind set and record at previous position
• Availability to work Saturdays and evenings
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair and maintenance.
• Knowledge of electronic circuit boards processors, chips, and computer hardware and software including diagnostic applications and programing.
• Mechanical aptitude
Education: (Strongly Considered)
• Prefer four year College degree with Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts diploma earned.
• Two year Vocational degree can be acceptable.
• Significant experience in field can be acceptable in lieu of above education criteria.
Rock Crushing Crew Member
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly wage, Health, Dental and Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance
- Seasonal, generally 6:30 am- 4:30 pm. Additional hours may be necessary and determined by daily demand.
- M-F, plus Saturday work often needed during construction season. (April-November). Some night work may occur.
- Perform all aspects of the operation of a portable crushing/washing plant.
- Ensure the safety of employees on the crew.
- Regulatory compliance, ensuring that pit and quarry operations comply with MSHA, OSHA, State and Local regulations, codes, and ordinances.
- Quality control of the production at all times.
- Operation of crushing plant.
- Perform greasing and lubrication of conveyers, feeders, etc.
- Operate skid loader and hand shovel to clean up excess material around plant.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of machinery.
- Operate loader as necessary.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Several years’ experience in pit and quarry crushing/washing operations, comparable to the above job responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong work ethic including the willingness and ability to work overtime and Saturdays as needed.
- A good driving record and CDL is required.
- High school diploma.
- Experience in the field can be acceptable in lieu of above.