Quality Control Aggregate Technician / Lab Supervisor
Wingra, a local family owned construction company is looking for a Q.C. Aggregate Technician.
Annual Salary – Year around work
Benefits include: Health, Dental, and Vision, 401 (k) profit sharing.
- Individual will inspect, sample and conduct routine and special laboratory testing on construction materials, primarily aggregates but may also assist in other products according to the appropriate standard test method.
- Employee will perform tests to insure quality of products at the point of production, shipping, and arrival upon the jobsite.
- Individual will be expected to performing troubleshooting on field and jobsite problems.
- Person will visually inspect stockpiles, material sources, and truck loads at plant sites.
- This person will conduct testing and calibrations of testing equipment to insure proper quality of the product.
- This individual will verify test results with outside testing laboratories and maintain accurate and timely records on test data, product quality, and defective materials.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School graduation or its equivalent is required and a minimum of 1 year of laboratory testing experience in aggregates. Experience with construction aggregate properties is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Individual must possess the basic knowledge necessary to perform various quality testing; demonstrate the ability to conduct testing in an orderly, efficient, and accurate manner; possess a working knowledge of aggregate product specifications; possess good math and computer skills; possess strong verbal communications skills and have the ability to interface with plant production personnel, plant managers, contractors and agency representatives; and the ability to problem solve and work independently.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft; Excel, Office, Word, etc….
Apply online at: https://www.wingrastone.com
Heavy Equipment Operator
Wingra, a local family owned construction company is looking for a full time Heavy Equipment Operator.
Non Union, with hourly pay, based on experience.
Benefits include: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (100% paid by employer), 401(k) profit sharing, paid vacation.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. Must be able to perform an accurate and thorough pre and post shift inspection, have working knowledge of the equipment in order to recognize needed repairs required and possess excellent defensive driving skills. Must have the ability to climb ladders and operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner; have knowledge and understanding of OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations; perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner; and possess hazard recognition skills. This position also required solid knowledge and understanding of the capabilities of the equipment as well as specifications of different finished materials. Must be able to recognize various products by sight and to understand proper plant operation. Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment is required. Must be punctual and dependable, initiate and take action before being required to do so, and use time efficiently. Must be safety conscious and respond to inquiries promptly and follow through to ensure the situation is taken care of correctly.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of two years previous experience in operating loaders and dozers in a plant environment is required. This position also requires solid knowledge and understanding of the capabilities of the equipment as well as specifications of different finished materials.
This individual is responsible operating mobile equipment loaders, dozers, etc. in a sand and gravel mining operation. Will operate loaders to load aggregates for processing, feed the plant(s) and to safely load customers’ trucks with desired specification product within legal load limits. Will operate a loader to strip and prep the site for mining and to push material closer to the feeder for processing. Responsible for maintaining adequate feed of materials, as required and maintaining stockpiles, cleans yard and plant areas. Individual will perform thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections and accurately completes daily mobile equipment reports; perform duties safely, responsibly and proficiently while observing all safety, health and environmental rules and practices. Must follow established traffic patterns avoiding tire hazards and other hazardous conditions and promptly report any unsafe conditions. Will maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment and in the plant. Observe the plant and report any necessary maintenance or adjustments that may be required and visually checks material being produced for compliance with specifications. In addition, this position will participate in maintenance, repair, and general plant housekeeping activities. Other duties as assigned.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://wingrastone.com
Medium – Heavy Truck/Equipment Mechanic
Full Time, Benefits include: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation
M-F, plus Saturday work often during construction season (April-November)
Winter hours generally less without need for regular Saturday work.
Maintenance of Redi-mix Concrete Trucks, Dump Trucks, Tractor/Trailers, Pickups
Command of complete knowledge of truck systems, both mechanical and electronic.
Preventative and Routine maintenance, Annual DOT inspections.
Account for all parts inventory via electronic records
Maintain electronic maintenance records of all vehicles
Willingness to learn and update skills and knowledge thru courses, seminars and informational publications.
Good communication skills both verbally and electronically
Skills and experience needed:
ASE Certification(s), Extensive experience can be acceptable in lieu of certifications
Strong Mechanical Electronic aptitude
CDL Class B or ability to attain one
Clean Driving Record
Safety conscious approach to job duties
Redi-Mix Plant/Industrial Maintenance
Repair and maintain equipment and building operations including ready-mix plant and other miscellaneous equipment
- Operate front-end loader, forklift, skid loader, man-lift & other equipment used in maintenance procedures.
- Weld and cut on equipment when necessary.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on ready-mix plant, conveyor, mixer, loader, etc. such as oiling, greasing, and changing filters.
- Perform building maintenance
- Inspect plant for necessary maintenance and complete repairs as assigned
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Perform metal fabrication for plant operations.
- Electrical and pneumatic knowledge a plus
- Work alone or with other employees
- Be self-motivated
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance of equipment, such as air compressors, mixers, vibrators, conveyors, motors, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Weld and cut with a torch.
- Driver’s license required
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
Wingra Redi-Mix, Inc., a local family owned business, serving Dane County, is looking for CDL drivers. This position is covered by a Union Labor Agreement with the Teamster Union Local #695.
Union contract benefits include:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Competitive hourly wage
Defined benefit pension plan
Paid vacation and holidays
Apply online at: http://www.wingrastone.com