AGGREGATE SALES MANAGER
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Full time salaried pay, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (100% company paid), 401(k) profit sharing, vacation and holiday pay.
WORK HOURS REQUIRED: Work as needed based on current work demand and hours of operations. Construction hours during the season are often 7:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday with some Saturday work required. Work demand during the off season (December-March) can often be less.
POSITION REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE OVERALL MANAGEMENT OF AGGREGATE SALES AND CUSTOMER RELATIONS: This will include the following responsibilities:
- Customer relations with current customers, including billing and collections.
- New business and customer development.
- Preparation of material quotes specifically tailored to jobs for bid.
- Preparation of WI DOT material quotes.
- Communicate material pricing to accounting for correct invoicing.
- Interaction with Quality Control operations and staff.
- Interaction with Production operations and staff.
- Interaction with Dispatch operations and staff.
- Promote safety and compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Pro-actively use changes in technology and trends within the industry to maintain “state of the art” processes and procedures.
- Participate in trade association activities. Pursue some ongoing educational opportunities within the aggregate industry as available.
- Participate in community affairs and goodwill building activities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Several years’ experience in aggregate operations and sales comparable to the job responsibilities listed above would be ideal.
- Strong work ethic, honesty, reliable and willingness to work long hours and Saturdays when needed.
- Strong leadership and communication skills for customer interactions and new customer development.
- Outgoing personality to meet new people and effectively develop new customers and business.
- Must be able to drive daily for work. A good driving record is required.
EDUCATION: (Strongly Considered)
- Industry specific four-year degree.
- Four-year college undergraduate degree with a Bachelor of Science or Arts diploma in any area of study very acceptable.
- Two-year Vocational degree can also be acceptable.
- Significant experience in the aggregate industry can be accepted in lieu of above educational criteria.